- Gold: Decanter Wine Show, London (May 2005)
- John Platter Guide 2006: 5 Stars*
- Voted as John Platter WINE OF THE YEAR 2006
- Double Gold: Michelangelo International Wine Awards of S.A. 2005
- Gold: Mundus Vini International Wine Awards, Germany 2005
- 90 Points Wine Spectator (April 2006)
Fermentation: 12 months in French oak from Alliers and USA Minnesota white oak.
Direcly from Glen Carlou web site:
To produce this dense and powerful wine, half the crop is dropped during the growing season.Aromas of spicy blackberry and toasty oak lead to complex flavours of ripe berry fruit, violet and currant on the smooth palate.
Maybe it was a little bit too young but it was still very good. I strongly recommend this wine.