Monday, January 12, 2009

That's why we do not use Alitalia for intercontinental flights

I've just listen a radio talk show who claim that the Italian airway Alitalia has really few intercontinental connections from Italy. We have just two intercontinental hub served by Alitalia: Malpensa (near Milan, the economic capital of the country) and Fiumicino (in Rome, the capital city). From Malpensa Airport, 3 intercontinental flights: daily to NY, 3 times a week to San Paolo and Tokio. From Fiumicino Airport the situation is different but not so good: 19 intercontinental connections.

I hope the information is not correct... I remember some years ago when Alitalia was one of the best airlines and both business and economy class had really an excellent meal service.

So that's why it's not so simple to flight direct to Orlando for Lotusphere for example. I will flight through Frankfurt with Lufthansa (which is my favouirite airline).

No comments: